Nominations are now being sought for Horse Sport Ireland’s Coach of the Year Award.
The award is designed to honour and acknowledge the contribution of coaches, and this year will be awarded to two coaches who have made an outstanding difference to the performance of a particular competitor(s) or team throughout the competition year.
2016 has been a fantastic year for Irish equestrian sport and as a result, Horse Sport Ireland would like some input from you, the competitor.
We are asking all competitors to nominate the coach who has made a significant difference to you and your horse throughout the year. You may nominate a coach in one or both categories.
- Performance Coach of the Year
- Development Coach of the Year
This award will be made to a coach working with athletes and teams at the highest level of sport. The award looks for evidence of rider focused development leading to successful performance at the most senior level nationally or internationally.
This award will be made to a coach who has made an outstanding contribution to the introduction and early development of sport for young people under the age of 25.
All nominated coaches should meet the following criteria:
- Hold an HSI Coaching Qualification or equivalent
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of coaching
- Perform well on days of competition
- Maintain good relationships with riders, owners, stewards and HSI/FEI officials
- Demonstrate an interest in the coach education process
- Demonstrate their commitment to ongoing improvement as a coach
The nominations will be put forward to a committee which will decide the overall winner.
All nominations will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Please contact Catherine Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 45 854512 for a nomination form. All nominations must be returned by Monday 28th November 2016.